Excellence in the life sciences requires diversity and inclusivity. It is critical that we find ways to recruit and support students with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, and that includes students coming to NC State from other colleges and universities, as well as students coming to us from military service or other non-school work experiences.
Life sciences faculty and advisors from Wake Tech, Durham Tech, and NC State are working together to provide enhanced advising opportunities for students and to facilitate conversations among our faculty with the goal of enhancing the success of students as they transition from community college to NC State. If your NC community college would like to join in this partnership, email us at InclusiveExcellence@ncsu.edu.
COVID-19 has postponed some of our planned events, but we are moving forward with virtual options. In the meantime, visit this blog post to hear from Osvaldo Rodriguez, one of the many amazing transfer students now at NC State.
Upcoming Partnership Events
- Throughout the year – NC State Volunteer Opportunity: NC State student tutors needed for the Wake Tech Virtual STEM Center
- New (Spring 2022) collaboration – C3 students enrolled in partner community colleges are eligible for free virtual tutoring from NC State undergraduates
Previous Partnership Events
- Fall 2021 Virtual Event – From Community College to NC State
- Spring 2021 Virtual Event – Find Your Fit within NC State’s Life Sciences Programs
- Fall 2020 Virtual Transfer Student Panel; Brendan Lake presentation on Teaching Large Online Courses
- Spring 2020 Life Sciences Transfer Student Panel
- Fall 2019 Life Sciences Recruitment Day at Wake Tech (Scott Northern Wake Campus)